Name of District
Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 61
Name and Term of Office for Each Board Member
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
Wheeler BeMent, Term Expires: 11/8/2022
Billy Lowery, Term Expires: 11/8/2022
W. R. Lusby, Term Expires: 11/5/2024
Floyd Ball, Term Expires: 11/5/2024
Bill Evans, Term Expires: 11/5/2024
Contact Information for Main Office of District (Mailing and Physical Address, and Phone Number)
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
Harris County MUD No. 61
c/o Marks Richardson P.C.
3700 Buffalo Speedway, Suite 830, Houston, Texas 77098
Phone: (713) 942-9922
Official Contact Information for Each Board Member
If Applicable, Name of the General Manager
The Name of the Person Representing the Operator, Including a Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Municipal Operations & Consulting
27316 Spectrum Way, Oak Ridge, Texas 77386
The Name of the Person Representing the Tax Assessor/Collector, Including Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Wheeler & Associates, Inc.
6935 Barney Road, Suite 110, Houston, Texas, 77092
The Rate of the Ad Valorem Tax
- 2022: $.305
If Applicable, the Sales and Use Tax Rate
Any Tax Rate Hearing Notice
Information about the District’s tax notices are available by clicking on this link.
Location and Schedule of Meeting of the District
Meetings are generally held at 6:00 PM on the fourth Tuesday of each month at Municipal Operations & Consulting, Inc., 1817 South Mason Road, Katy, Texas 77449.
A Statement that the Residents Have a Right to Request a Designation of a Meeting Location Within the District
The Board’s regular meetings are held in the District at 1817 South Mason Road, Katy, Texas 77449. Nevertheless, under Texas law, the following information is required to be posted on the District’s website:
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/permitting/watersupply/districts/Form-20863.pdf.
Each Meeting Notice and Minutes of Meetings for the Current Year and the Preceding 12 Months
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
Information about the District’s agenda and minutes are available by clicking on this link.
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
(Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
Energy Consumption Reports
(Texas Government Code Section 2265)
The District’s energy consumption reports are available on the Resources page.
Landowner’s Bill of Rights
(Texas Government Code Section 402)
Information regarding the Landowner’s Bill of Rights can be found on the Texas Attorney General’s website.
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on November 8, 2022.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on November 8, 2022 general election ballot is Saturday, July 23, 2022.
- Last day to file for place on November 8, 2022 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 22, 2022.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for November 8, 2022 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 26, 2022.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Election – Documents
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on Ballot
Aviso de Fecha Limite Para Presentar Solicitudes Para Un Lugar En La Boleta
Thông Báo Ve Thời Hạn Nộp Đơn Vao Danh Sách Úng Cử
- Application For a Place on the Ballot For a General Election For a City, School District or Other Political Subdivision (state.tx.us)
Solicitud de Inscripción para un Lugar en la Boleta de Una Elección General para Una Ciudad, Distrito Escolar u Otra Subdivisión Polĺtica (state.tx.us)
- Candidacy Filing – Local Political Subdivisions
- Water Code Chapter 49 – Provisions Applicable to All Districts
- Water Code Chapter 54 – Municipal Utility Districts
Public Information Requests
To request public information, please direct your request to email@example.com or mail or hand deliver your request to Harris County MUD No. 61, c/o Marks Richardson P.C., 3700 Buffalo Speedway, Suite 830, Houston, Texas 77098.